Thursday, January 9, 2014

Frank Flamingo...

This is the card I made for the mid-way reminder of the challenge going over at Scribbles Designs Challenge...Shades of White...



Pretty funky with all the white and Frank Flamingo with a big white bow!
There is embossed vellums, mulberry paper, silver-white toned vellum, textured card stock, a white sequin border and some bling...
I'm not sure what occasion this card could be used for - it's all around fun!

You still have time to add your card or project to the challenge....
and grab the freebie while you're there!

entered into ...


******************
Life Goes On...

Changes... positive?  Forward?  Hmmm... I will remain with my thoughts that any upcoming events in my life will be positive.  That's what I'm sticking to.  Sanity.
Okay, have you ever defrosted your deep freeze?  What a friggin' job!!! It was long overdue and its taking me since 6 am to get it to be "near" complete 6 hours later... not a fast process... remind me to do this more often than every 2 years... whew...
I have a couple of good friends (P,G & L and C,T & S) travelling some distances in the next while.  So I wish safe travels to each of them and their beloved family pet.  It will be an adventure! Have fun, keep in touch, take pics!
 It is time to say goodbye a friend and know their pain is over. It is time to give love, to listen, to remember, to give hugs and support to those left behind.

 My Thought for the Day is a long one...

'After a while, you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul, and you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't mean security. And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises.  And you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open with the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child. And you learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight. After a while, you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much.  So plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.  And you learn that you can really endure... that you really are strong and you really have worth.  And you learn and learn...
with every goodbye, you learn.'  Veronica A. Shoffstall

...I'm learning...
~Sandy

3 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Pretty card, Sandy! I love all the blocks of color and that gorgeous white bow!! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week

Tamie said...

Wonderful bow you make it look so easy. I love the image it makes a real pop. Thank you so much for sharing you lovely creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Sharla said...

Love your card Sandy, and the little pop of color that is Frank!!

Thanks for the thought of the day, I really enjoyed it and needed it...as I too, am learning.

Thanks for everything Sandy, hope you have a wonderful day! :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...